The number 1 romantic-comedy flick of the year, Crazy Rich Asians has finally premiered in Indonesia on September 7! Before Indonesia, the most-awaited movie was premiered in Singapore on September 18, and continued to London. Prestige was the official media partner of the event, held in XXI at Plaza Indonesia.
The red carpet was ready and the guests were dressed-to-the nines! From the red carpet, we have chosen 9 best dressed ladies of the night. With Cocktail Glam as the dress code, these women were full-on glam. Inside the premiere cinema studio, the guests were served with bubbly Moët & Chandon champagne, complete with two pop-corns. For more than 800 people who attended the event they continued to Immigrant Dining Room, located right beside the cinema.
At the after party, DJ Tiara Eve played the R&B tunes for the guests, as they were continuously chat about their favourite characters from the movie too. The guests were served with cocktails, wine, champagne, and Asian’s culinary themed menu, such as Laksa and Nasi Lemak. Zamri Mamat, the general manager marketing of Plaza Indonesia announced the door prize winner of the night, who won the 3 nights’ stay at the Fullerton Hotel, and 2 tickets entry to the Gardens By the Bay, Singapore!
Prestige’s Review on Crazy Rich Asians’ Movie
It’s no wonder that Crazy Rich Asians is breaking records in the box office and making history in the movie industry. THE MOVIE IS A VISUAL FEAST. From the all-Asian cast to the glamorous costumes, even the mind blowing locations, the romantic-comedy has the right elements to succeed.
Here is Prestige Indonesia’s review of the most talked-about movie of the year:
- It is mostly faithful to Kevin Kwan’s bestselling novel of the same title. Fans of the book, rejoice, because most of the chapters you love are translated into the big screen.
- The adapted screenplay did 100% justice. We love how everything was done tastefully.
- The acting is marvelous. Veteran actress Michelle Yeoh and Constance Wu delivered flawless performances. We can’t imagine anyone portraying the leading roles. Henry Goulding is a revelation. Who would have thought this TV Host has some serious acting chops! And Awkwafina, WOW, she is outstanding. She will make you laugh so hard your stomach will hurt.
- The costumes are to die for! You’ll seriously lust over the decadent jewels and opulent gowns. The cast wore exaggerated and dramaticized frocks on-screen that were, in many occasions, a lot better than the book descriptions.
- Locations, locations, locations. Think you’ve seen most of Singapore? Think again! The movie will seriously make you want to book a trip to the little red dot again. You will also want to check out the other cities they featured—just divine!
- The only downside is that it’s fiction. Or wait, is it really?
- Part 2 is still in the works. We cannot wait any longer. It’s so good we want it now.
9 Best Dressed Women at the Crazy Rich Asians’ exclusive premiere at Plaza Indonesia
See more photos from the premiere and after-party in the gallery!