Don’t Worry Be Healthy
How has your mood been lately? Are you experiencing any symptoms of depression or anxiety? Do you usually sleep well for seven to eight hours a night? How you answer these questions will indicate whether you are living a healthy lifestyle.
As we go into 2019, during which Prestige Indonesia will celebrate its 15th anniversary, I thought it was important for each of us to consider our sense of well-being. The road to good health is paved with ambitious New Year resolutions, of course.
We try to eat more nutritious food and cut out the junk, go to bed earlier, hit the gym more often. If we smoke, we resolve to quit (better never to start!) and, if we drink alcohol, to moderate our intake (good for the pocketbook these days, that’s for sure).
If we’re really smart, we consider our social network, too. How strong are our connections with family and friends? Are we plugged in with social or spiritual groups that can enrich our life?
I really started thinking about my health a lot more when I learned that my good friend Esti Nurjadin had become the dynamic new Chairperson of Yayasan Jantung Indonesia and she told me about her plans to educate society. In this month’s absorbing Cover Story, Esti points out that underage smoking is one of Indonesian society’s biggest health problems today. “When you’re young, you think you can live forever. That’s why we’re bringing our campaigns to young people,” she says in a compelling interview.
Many of us benefit physically and mentally from practicing yoga, which “teaches you to be in tune with your body, your mind and your environment. And I think it’s very important for your lifestyle. It’s like an escape from my day-to-day life,” says Anita Boentarman, a co-founder of the Rumah Yoga studio in Kemang.
Have fun and lose weight? It seems like a contradiction in terms until you talk to Liza Natalia, Indonesia’s Ambassador for Zumba, an exercise fitness programme with 15 million devotees worldwide. Meanwhile, in one of the most stirring stories we’ve ever published in Prestige, Gita Sjahrir tells us how she fought off an auto-immune disease to develop Ride, the first fitness boutique brand in Southeast Asia to obtain venture- capital funding.
To read inspiring stories like these every month, please turn to page 182 for news of our latest fabulous subscription offer. And keep up with us 24/7 by visiting prestigeonline. com and checking out our social media posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
A Happy New Year to all loyal Prestige readers and advertisers!
EXPLORE THE FEATURES:
– On the Cover: The new Chairperson of Yayasan Jantung Indonesia, Esti Nurjadin, is pumped up to make the young generation live longer.
– Healthy Body, Mind, and Soul: Meet 3 health enthusiasts reshaping Indonesia’s future: Anita Boentarman, co-founder of the Rumah Yoga Studio in Kemang, Liza Natalia, Indonesia’s Ambassador for Zumba, and Gita Sjahrir who developed Ride, the first fitness boutique brand in Southeast Asia.
– Yoga All Around: From Jakarta and Bali to the world, here are top notch yoga places you should check out now. Namaste away!
– Petite and Adorable: Nagita Slavina and Caca Tengker and their tiny tots in a wonderland fashion story with Petite Bateau.
– Haute Lifestyle: Know the trends that are big this year + more luxury brands and fashions news worth reading now.
Get your e-copy of the magazine via Gramedia, Magzter, Press Reader, or Nook. If you are a loyal hard copy magazine reader, you can grab it from the nearest bookstores: Gramedia, Kinokuniya, and Periplus.
Subscribe now to Prestige to get 3 Il Bisonte’s Mini Wallet Cowhide Leather (worth IDR 3,369,000).⠀
*while stocks last. Available only for print subscription. Products may vary from image.
For subscription enquiries, please contact +62-21 573 7070, or e-mail to email@example.com