Celebrating the thirty years presence of Louis Vuitton in Indonesia, Louis Vuitton presents an exhibition called Time Capsule. In partnership with Senayan City Jakarta, Time Capsule will showcase Louis Vuitton (LV)’s landmark moments through a visual timeline. From 1854 to the present day, Louis Vuitton has used so many rare and celebrated objects. The exhibitions will tell Louis Vuitton’s story using the objects from LV’s archive.
Time Capsule demonstrates the ways in which LV has anticipated the needs and desires of a changing world over 160 years. LV has continued to address new challenges faced by travellers with imaginative and ingenious creations.
There are six key aspects of the exhibition:
1. Artisans Room, live experience with Louis Vuitton craftsmen
2. The Key to the Codes, those distinctive design features that can be traced back to new forms of transport
3. Journeys around the World, revealing how Louis Vuitton met the demands of new forms of transport
4. Elegance in Motion, showing how Louis Vuitton has enabled its clients to travel in style
5. Icons of the House, a selection of Louis Vuitton’s most memorable and emblematic creations
6. Magic Malle, symbol of the House, the trunk is where it all began
From the very beginning, Louis Vuitton has been defined by a pioneering spirit, with distant lands a favoured destination. The exhibition has travelled to destinations such as Hong Kong, Berlin, Singapore, Dubai, and Melbourne.
Time Capsule exhibition will open in Senayan City, Jakarta, from October 23 to November 11, 2018, at these times:
Monday – Sunday: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Senayan City, Ground Floor
Jl. Asia Afrika
Free admission, with last entries to exhibition 20 minutes before closing.