Charitable giving usually hits an all-time high in December as the festive season gets into full swing, and at the end of every year, the Soul Society Group puts together a charity drive to help the underprivileged. This year, the F&B powerhouse launched a charity campaign to raise RM25,000 for Dignity for Children Foundation.
For those unfamiliar, Dignity for Children Foundation is an NGO that has been providing holistic care and education for urban poor children since 1998. The foundation is currently assisting over 1,700 underprivileged and marginalised children between the age of 1 and 18 by helping them to transform their lives and the communities they’re in.
This Sentul-based NGO has also in recent years expanded its support to other parts of Southeast Asia through community school startups and teachers’ training programmes.
The Soul Society Group – through its network of restaurants such as Souled Out, WIP, Tujo, Hubba and Goa – will be driving this fundraising initiative through different Christmas offerings at its outlets throughout December.
Brian Choo, the Chief Operating Officer of Soul Society, strongly believes that as a local business and community advocate, the Group continuously strives to give back to those in need and help wherever and whenever possible.
“This year has caused unprecedented difficulties for numerous people and we feel it is our duty to assist as much as we can, within our capabilities. We also want to provide a platform where our customers and partners can also join in to support a great cause,” he says.
Here are 6 ways you can help Soul Society achieve their target this year.
- The easiest way to make your contribution is by purchasing the Christmas Platters, which are currently served at all the restaurants under the Group. RM5 from each platter sold will be channelled to the fundraiser
- RM1 from every regular-sized Mojitos sold will also go to the fund
- Get wishing cards at a RM5 minimum donation each and decorate the Christmas trees at any outlets
- Drop your cash contribution in the Dignity for Children donation boxes at WIP, Tujo, Hubba, Souled Out Ampang, Souled Out Bangsar South, and Souled Out Kuala Lumpur in Desa Sri Hartamas
- Buy the SOUL Society gift packs for RM30 (it comes with the famous Christmas Fruit Cake, Christmas cookies, an exclusive T-Shirt and a Santa Hat) and RM10 will be contributed to the charity fund
- Shop at the special Christmas Bazaar, which runs until Dec 20, and help small local businesses and Dignity’s enterprises before 2020 comes to an end
For the COO, this year’s Christmas season carries a lot of significance for Soul Society. “Unlike previous years, this December is going to be a tad solemn and a lot quieter. There’s still a lot of uncertainty about what the next few months are going to look like, and we believe now more than ever, we have to come together to make a difference. I am certain that our group together with our wonderful customers will ensure we achieve our target for Dignity for Children, and we look forward to everyone joining in to get our campaign going!”
To learn more about the campaign and the Group, visit their website here.
(Photos: Soul Society Group)