With technology at the users’ fingertips, the ASUS ZenBook 13 and 14 variants can help navigate and organise digital needs in today’s modern world.
Launched just recently in August as an expansion of the ZenBook series, the new ASUS laptops are thinner and lighter than their previous generation. These laptops are the ZenBook 13 and 14 inches respectively, designed to be faster, smoother and deliver a more responsive performance.
At the core of the new ZenBook laptops are the latest 10th Generation Intel Core processors. They come powered with some of the fastest solid-state storage you can find, with up to 512GB PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 8GB of high-speed RAM for near-instant clicks. When you’re connected to WiFi, expect wireless speeds of up to three times faster than WiFi 5, with four times more network capacity and up to 75% lower latency.
Here’s where it gets even more impressive — the ASUS ZenBook 13 and ZenBook 14 have been tested to meet U.S military standards for reliability and durability. That’s a status gadgets only get to claim through rounds of tests to ensure survival in harsh environments, power-on drop tests and operation within extreme altitude and temperatures.
That’s a lot of weight to carry for a laptop, which the ZenBook takes it on even as the world’s thinnest 13-inch and 14-inch laptop. Keeping in mind as well, that the ZenBook comes with full input and output (I/O) ports; HDMI, USB Type-A, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C.
This year, ASUS launched its Perfect Warranty on top of the standard 2-year global manufacturers warranty. With this is new service, ASUS will bear 80% of the total repair cost for damages caused by spills, electrical surges or accidental breakage — but only within the first year. This leaves the customer to bear the remaining 20% repair cost and full labour fee.
The user experience
There’s more than meets the eye with the new ZenBook 13 and 14 makes. Both have bright and clear four-sided Nano Edge displays, with slim bezels that create a 90% screen-to-body ratio for comfortable and immersive viewing. It’s easy on the eyes, literally, with an optimal low-power 1-watt display for 450 nits of brightness that also helps to maximise battery life.
Even the experience of typing on its keyboard is given extra thought. The edge-to-edge ergonomic keyboard design is increased, therefore creating space for an extra set of useful function keys at the right-hand side of the keyboard. The new feature is topped off elegantly with a precision-engineered ErgoLift hinge that automatically tilts the keyboard to its optimum typing angle, as well as allowing space under the laptop for cooling airflow.
Then there’s also the productivity-enhancing ASUS NumberPad 2.0 that is especially useful for quick and easy data entry. Essentially, this feature is a dual-function touchpad with an integrated LED-illuminated full-sized numeric keypad — just a touch on the icon turns the NumberPad on and off.
Another feature with the ASUS ZenBook is the integrated infrared (IR) camera on the top bezel that makes for faster password-free face login with Windows Hello, and this function works in dim lighting too.
Whichever model you decide on, you then have the choice of colour to make between a glossy Pine Grey and matte Lilac Mist.
13-inch vs 14-inch
Users don’t have to give an inch to take a mile. With the latest launch, both models are made parr with the exception of specs and sizes. The right choice for you here, simply depends on your own ease of use. The ZenBook 14 weighs at just 1.13kg while the smaller ZenBook 13 weighs in at 1.07kg — both are a mere 13.9mm thin.
Bonus: redeem a Grab Food gift card
ASUS Malaysia is running a ‘Say It’ review campaign for you to redeem a Grab Food Gift Card worth RM40. To redeem your coupon, you’ll need to write a review of any Asus gadget purchased, including consumer, gaming, business laptops, desktop or all-in-one products. Entries can be submitted here. The campaign period ends on 30 September 2020.
Find more information on the ASUS Malaysia’s website for the ASUS ZenBook 13 and ASUS ZenBook 14 on ASUS Malaysia’s website. The laptops are available for online purchase and home delivery via ASUS e-stores on Shopee and Lazada.