You may think your eyes are healthy and vision fine. But until you have a comprehensive eye examination with a licenced eye care professional, you cannot be certain.
The W EYExperience Comprehensive Eye Examination offered by W Optics is a 30-minute eye examination using no less than five clinical-grade equipment to detect a variety of eye conditions, so as to enable optometrists to prescribe the most appropriate corrective lenses or alternative vision solutions. There are 25 optometrists on hand, with an average 14.7 years of job experience with the longest logging in at 31 years.
Jonathan Wong, director of W Optics, shares: “In vision care, modern technology and capable optometrists are key to raising service standards. To achieve this, we keep ourselves abreast on the latest development in vision care from around the globe, while ensuring our specialists receive regular training to raise their professional competency. We are the first optical retail chain in Singapore to offer such a comprehensive eye examination.”
What are these clinical-grade equipment?
- Objective Refraction (This test is performed at conventional optical stores): This equipment would allow you to check your eyes for autorefraction and perform Keratometry reading to measure corneal curvature.
- Subjective Refraction (This test is performed at conventional optical stores): This equipment checks for myopia/hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, pupillary distance and dominant eye.
- Slit Lamp Biomicroscopy This equipment checks contact lens fitting, cornea integrity, dry eyes, anterior chamber angle, eye lids condition, crystalline lens health (cataract).
- Tonometry Checks This equipment checks for eye pressure (Intraocular pressure).
- Fundus Photography This equipment checks mid peripheral retina health, optic discs and macular health.
Where is this service available? How much does it cost?
How is this 30-minute eye examination different from other optical stores?
This 30-minute eye examination takes the patient through a battery of six tests, which includes five clinical grade equipment. On the other hand, conventional optical chains in Singapore typically performs only one of these tests. The 30-minute is only an estimate as the session can also last longer, depending on what is needed.
Who are its target demographic?
This service recommended for all especially 40 years old and above.
What are some of the services the flagship store offers?
The Suntec City flagship store is a Myopia Control Centre in Singapore, and the store exclusives are:
- Essilor Vision Studio – This service allows you to try on different lenses with functions to relax your eyes (Eyezen), protection against harmful lights (Eyezen), transition protection day/night (Transitions) and multiple focus direction (Varilux).
- Essilor Nautilus VR Experience corner – This augmented reality allows you to experience the effects of speciality lenses at the push of a button (only at selected W Optics stores).
- ACUVUE Define Studio – The studio provides exclusive service where experts would give consultation on what a contact lens wearer ought to know at a dedicated private area within the shop. Available at Suntec, Vivocity and Great World City.
- Forum space for public talks – In the middle of the W Optics Suntec City flagship, there is a 50-seater forum space used to conduct public talks by industry experts.
- Kid’s Corner and Myopia Control Centre – The corner is use to educate young children on myopia management with fun facts on how to take care of your eyes, educational videos, interactive wall visuals/activities as well as trying on different range of kid’s glasses.
How many stores are there?
There are 11 islandwide, with the flagship store in Suntec City boasting 5,000sq ft.
How many eyewear brands do W Optics carry?
52 brands with more than 3,500 designs across the 11 stores.
W Optics Suntec City is located at 3 Temasek Boulevard, #01-400, Suntec City