When it comes to menswear, fit is king. With the proper cut and tailoring, a suit can help you manoeuvre the corporate jungle, and take you places. It is the badge of masculinity — timeless and elegant — yet capturing perfectly what it means to be the BOSS Man of Today.
How can one become a Man of Today? The first touchstone is, of course, Chris Hemsworth, who fronts the BOSS Bottled Man of Today campaign. Exuding both style and substance, he is immaculately dressed in a suit that perfectly flatters his form. Not all men have an army of stylists and tailors to scout suits for their personal wardrobes, but owning a suit that makes a statement is easy enough with the guidance of two local style icons that typify the Man of Today — Edwin Hung and Alexander Yue.
To both, the suit epitomises the most versatile outfit any man can have in his wardrobe. They share simple tips on how to carry off this classic menswear staple in the video above, and beyond that, they’ve given our readers these key points to bear in mind when shopping for a suit:
- Never let the sleeve of your coat go past your wrist.
- Always choose a fitted shirt to go under your blazer.
- If you want to make a suit smart-casual, opt for a T-shirt instead of a button-down dress shirt. Suits aren’t made just for formal occasions.
- Sneakers are the footwear of choice when it comes to dressing down a suit for everyday wear. A plain, white option is the easiest choice.
- Don’t be shy to experiment with subtle dashes of colour — think a coloured tie, socks or a watch.
- Always complete your outfit with a fragrance, paired to the occasion.
No outfit and Man of Today persona is complete without a spritz of BOSS Bottled, though, so be sure to always add the finishing touch to your suit by putting this iconic fragrance on. If you are going for a smart-casual, day-to-day suit look, then BOSS Bottled is your choice. For formal occasions, turn to BOSS Bottled Absolute, with deeper, commanding notes. Finally, for days where you’d like to feel fresh, BOSS Bottled Infinite, with its hints of citrus and spice, is what you need.
With BOSS Bottled, you’re now the best version of yourself, the complete image of the Man of Today.