Boasting a following of 1.4 million followers on Instagram, Amata “Pear” Chittasenee is one of the most influential beauty gurus in Thailand. Initially, Pear studied Fine Arts at Central Saint Martins at the University of the Arts London, but it was there she realised she wanted to become a makeup artist instead.
From there, Pear has only grown and developed as not only a makeup artist but as a brand herself. People don’t just follow her for her beauty looks; her fans are interested in her life as well.
But with an Instagram feed that toes the line between beauty blogger and travel blogger, that comes as no surprise. Her influence and beauty know-how has seen her travel from Singapore to America – collaborating with big international brands, such as MAC Cosmetics and Kat Von D.
Prestige caught up with the beauty guru to ask her about her thoughts on the past year and what we should expect in makeup trends for 2017.
1. Now that 2016 is over, what would you say was your favourite makeup trend of the past year?
The nudes! I love all kinds of matte nudes for the lips.
2. What was your least favourite makeup trend?
I hated the over contouring. I’m a huge fan of matte liquid lipstick but I also don’t like when everything is too matte and super thick.
3. What was the one beauty essential you couldn’t live without last year?
My moisturiser from the History of Whoo! It is so good and hydrating in all kinds of weather.
4. Looking ahead, what do you predict will be the major makeup trends for 2017?
I think glowing skin will be huge. Still lots of nude for the lips as well, and more colours for the eyes.
5. Personally, what are you most excited for in your career this year?
Getting to travel around the world again! I’m super excited to go to India this year.
6. Do you have any words of beauty wisdom for our readers in 2017?
Be daring and express more!