At a time when social media has never had so many active users — with some 4.2 billion of them worldwide — the Digital Report 2021 rounds up the reasons people use social networking sites.
You wake up, and the first thing you do in the morning is pick up your phone and start scrolling. That sounds familiar, does it not? Maybe it’s to use Instagram to check up on what’s going on with the people you are following. Perhaps it’s just because social media has become so ingrained in our lives we check it out of habit. Or maybe there are other reasons. With everything just a touchscreen away, leisure and work have been merged into one. It is not just a matter of using your smartphones to work anymore. Now people are starting to use social media for work, too. You use them to keep up to date with your competitors, which marketing strategies are they using, who are their followers, which hashtags are they using? Whether for work or play, here we have the top 10 reasons for spending their time on social media. Which trope (or tropes, for that matter) do you actually fall into?
Here are the top 10 reasons people are using social media nowadays:
- Stay up to date with news and current events, 36.5%
- Find funny or entertaining content, 35%
- Fill up spare time, 34.4%
- Stay in touch with what my friends are doing, 33%
- Share photos or videos with others, 27.9%
- Research products to buy, 27.5%
- General networking with other people, 26.8%
- Because a lot of my friends are on them, 25.1%
- Share my opinion, 23.4%
- Meet new people, 21.3%
(Image credit: Christian Wiediger on Unsplash)
This article was published via AFP Relaxnews.