In celebration of its partnership with Bentley Motors, Swiss luxury watchmaker Breitling launched a special watch that commemorates the Continental GT Mulliner Convertible, the only one to have a Breitling-edition clock in the car.
The clock’s silver face mirrors that of the newly launched Premier Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition watch, with the blue, red and white accents highlighting the importance of British design and the car’s partnership between two very British brands, Bentley Motors and Mulliner, the historic and well-known coach-builder.
With 17 years being the longest-ever partnership between a watch brand and automobile manufacturer, the new Breitling timepiece commemorates the collaboration; the stunning timepiece is also a tribute to the Bentley Mulliner workshop, which has been crafting Bentley’s most unique and tailor-made models since 1959.
9 More Tidbits to Know About the Watch
- The Premier Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition is limited to 1000 pieces. Around the watch’s transparent sapphire case back is an inscription that reads “MULLINER EDITION – BREITLING – ONE OF 1000”.
- Mirroring the imperial blue leather interior of the Mulliner Convertible, the watch features a 42-millimetre stainless steel case presented on a blue alligator leather strap.
- The timepiece’s sophisticated silver dial reminds us of the Bentley Continental GT Mulliner Convertible’s dashboard clock.
- Revealing the presence of the Breitling Manufacture Caliber 01, the watch features blue sub dials – a 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and a small-second sub dial at 9 o’clock.
- The dial features a white tachymeter scale on a blue inner bezel around the dial, with a red tachymeter inscription.
- The timepiece has an impressive power reserve of approximately 70 hours.
- The watch and clock have complementary sets of Arabic numerals: the dashboard clock features the numerals at 12, 3, 6, and 9, while the watch has 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11 – an obvious nod to the design DNA they share.
- In accordance with how Breitling manufactures its own movements in-house. the Breitling Premier Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition is a COSC-certified chronometer.
- On the left side of the case is a plate with an engraved “Bentley” inscription, with the design based on the engine spin dashboard found in historic Bentleys.
For more information on Breitling Premier Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition, visit www.breitling.com.